Quebec City, QC
St. John’s, NL
Frequently Asked Question
1. Are men & boys allowed to participate in the races?
Yes, we want men & boys to participate to support their mothers, friends, sisters and wives. The
Run for Women
is for everyone!
2. Can I wear my mp3 / iPod?
For your safety, music players and headphones may not be worn.
3. Can I bring my dog, stroller, bike, rollerblades or scooter?
For your safety and the safety of the other participants, the above are not permitted on the course in the 5K and 10K events. Strollers will be permitted at the BACK of the 5K only.
4. Can I get a refund or defer my registration to next year?
Sorry, we are not able to offer refunds or deferrals.
5. I can't run this year; can I transfer my registration to someone else?
Transfers are available for $12. You must request a transfer by e-mail NO LATER THAN two weeks prior to race day. There is a link to transfer your registration within your confirmation email.
6. Can I alter my registration from the 5K to the 10K or from the 10K to the 5K?
You may request a race distance transfer. If you want your name printed on your bib you must request the transfer by e-mail NO LATER THAN two weeks prior to race day. If you request a transfer at race kit pickup or on race day your name will not be printed on your new bib.
7. Can I walk the race route? Is there a time limit to complete the course?
Yes, you can walk the route, but you must complete the 5k route within 60 minutes and the 10k route with 100 minutes.
8. Can I register a child to run the race?
Children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult throughout the entire race route.
9. Are men eligible for prizes?
There are no prizes awarded. Each participant, including men, will receive a finishers bracelet.
10. Is there a registration limit?
There is a limit of 2,000 participants in all cities, including both the 5K and 10K. There is a limit of 200 children in the 1K in each city.
11. Will the race be timed?
The 5K and 10K will be chip timed, the Little Steps 1K will not. Results will be posted shortly after the race at this website.
12. Will there be finisher medals?
All finishers in the 5K & 10K races will be awarded a finishers bracelet. All children in the Little Steps 1K will receive a finishers medal.
13. Where do the funds go?
100% of all donations and pledges are provided to the charity. In addition, $10 for every runner will be donated to the charity.
14. How do I start a fundraiser?
To begin fundraising you need to be registered for the race. If you haven't registered, start by clicking here. If you have already registered, follow these step by step instructions and click the button below to start!
15. I want to pledge a runner/walker, how do I do that?
To donate to an Athlete follow these instructions: How to Pledge an Athlete.
16. How do I donate to a charity?
To donate directly, follow these steps: How to Donate.
1. How do I register my team?
The team captain must first register and create the team. The team captain will choose a team name and password. The captain can then send the team name, password and runforwomen.ca link to members.
2. How do team members pay their registration fees?
Each team member must register and pay separately (fees are listed per person)
3. Why can't I view my list of team members?
Captains can view the number and list of team members from their personal Athlete’s Dashboard
4. Where can I find more information about team registration?